09 June 2013

Judith Mountain Cabin

One of the tools I have used to help me save me from impulse purchases is to use the following simple rule: Leave the store without purchasing.  If you are still thinking about the item several days later, then consider returning to purchase it. 

That's how it is for me and the Judith Mountain Cabin.  They say when something rings true in your heart, you just know it.  That happened for me sometime around the year 2001 (yes, I remember when it was) when I first saw this cabin on the back cover of a popular book in the housing section of the local book store.  It seemed to me to be the perfect confluence of my love of cabins, my childhood memories of lookout towers in the Pacific Northwest, and my desire to live in a cozy small house. 

I still love all of those things and, to this day, this house still haunts my imagination: The Judith Mountain cabin. 

Yes, I'm still tracing floorplans.  The Question: So when do I build it?

The following images can be seen hosted on Wanken Blog






Drawing Credit (Below): Seth McWhorter


Book excerpt credit (Below): Shelter Publications