Life in the new apartment is moving along. While there is not a lot of wind wooshing in the trees, there are actually more song birds here; I hear mockingbirds here from time to time and it always makes me smile. The other day, there was even a fat robin hopping around upon the grass, cocking his head from side to side in a valiant effort to hear an earthworm or two. When it rains, the rain is louder than I thought it would be. Also, the complex is exceedingly dog friendly, to include 7(?) border patrol K9 units. The dogs they run are amazingly beautiful creatures. The other dogs on site run the gambit - all mostly friendly and wildly untrained.
So, life goes on. Things missed. New things to enjoy.
Jason is somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 days - give or take - before he leaves on his 9 month deployment. I am not looking forward to that. I'm sure most people dont, but it's more than just the missing. When Jason is away, life just seems on hold. I spend the entire time with this vague underlying feeling that I'm waiting for him to get back. Like a barn-sour horse, I have the tendency to stay home and avoid leaving.
For the sake of living a brave and full life, I am making the commitment to work against these tendencies as much as possible. So what if the activities are not as fun by myself. I am going to do them anyway. I am going to do them and just have a terrible time - if that's the case - but I am going to do them.
1. I need to buy a bathing suit. Dear Body, I'm sorry I let you get so fat but we are getting a bathing suit anyway because, guess what? You are going to go swimming at Balmorhea. The Chihuahua desert may have used to have been a big ocean but now it's a desert. And there, just at the foot of the mountains in the middle of it, is a spectacular natural pool that has been developed into a pool. You love the desert sky. You love burning your body to a crisp on accident. You love fishes. You are going to get into that suit and swim at Balmorhea. Plus, there is that Bruce Robison song, "Lights of Loving County." that says Balmorhea soooo... live out the song dear one.
2. Already planned the first of many more trips to Alpine.
3. You must get to a show at the Liberty in Roswell.
4. You really should see the Trinity site and stop at White Sands.
5. Maybe other swimming in Central texas.
6. Trips to plan, the only limitation is vacation time. Montana. Florida. Scott Valley. Dear life, slow down!
While we are discussing it, work really gets in the way of my travel plans. I should put some of my time to devote to developing multiple income sources. Things like my website business, dog sitting, real estate. and more.
Well. There is my stream of conciousness for today.