13 April 2014

Rolling by

Well let me just tell you about a beautiful thing I witnessed outside of my door.  It's spring in Texas and with the warm and cold undulating weather comes spring storms.  Here in Central Texas, we dont get the kind of wild weather they do up in Tornado Alley, nor do we get the kind of lightning and precipitation they get down on the Gulf or in Houston.  Even so, we get some beautiful and sometimes violent spring and fall storms. 

Tonight a storm rolled through flashing it's usual brilliant electric effervescence, but this time was the first time I had heard the continuous rumble of thunder, like a passing train.  Flash after flash of lighting in the clouds, one overlapping the other meant the rumbles never began, never middled, never ended.  The sky just rumbled and rumbled.  Finally, big spats of rain began to fall.  Faster and faster until it was a rumbling tumbling flashing downpour.

There are some who are afraid of storms but I just sat outside with my eyes and ears and a big fat grin pointed skywards. 

Gorgeous.